Preparations For Hijama Treatment
Hijama is a sunnah of the Prophet (P.B.U.H). It removes the impurities from the body, relaxes the muscles, improves your mental health, is a cure for many diseases and improves the blood flow in your body.
- Patients should consult regarding cupping with their healthcare specialist before having it.
- Patients must reach the clinic before half an hour to complete the process of filling forms.
- Patients should inform their therapist in advance about their medical history and any medicine you have been taking.
- Allergic patients must inform their therapist before the process.
- Patients should take a Ghusl or shower before cupping
“Abdullah bin Az-Zubair reported that Aisha (ra) told him that the Prophet (PBUH) used to perform ghusl for four things: Major ritual impurity, Jumu’ah (Friday) prayer, After washing the dead and before Cupping”. (Abu Dawud)
- Patients should drink plenty of water at least 6 to 8 glasses prior to the treatment.
- Patients should wear comfortable loose fitting clothes.
- Patients suffering with black magic and Jinn possessions should inform the therapist so in case of any critical situation they can come up with a good effective plan.
Things to Consider After Hijama
- To experience the most ideal health benefits. It is recommended to patients to take a walk for 15 to 30 min or more to keep the blood circulating. If you feel light headed or dizzy laydown right away and raise your legs. Try to slowly stand up after 15 to 20 min if you feel better.
- Patients should drink plenty of water and start eating about an hour after hijama has been performed.
- Patients should perform different activities and stay active at least for the next 4 hours.
- Patients should sleep after 3 to 4 hours after hijama has been performed because it can cause blood clotting.
- Patients should avoid taking a shower immediately and don’t scrub the wounds for several days. Itchiness is expected. Avoid scratching it can cause scarring or infection
- patients should change the bandage daily until your wounds are completely healed
- Marks on the patient’s body will normally fade within a week according to your skin type.
- Oil around the places where you’ve been cupped with olive or black seed as soon as possible this will help you heal faster and will get rid of any sort of irritation.
- Patients should check their body temperature, blood pressure and heart rate after hijama is performed.
- Avoid any sexual relation for 24 hours after hijama.